Friday, December 23, 2011

A Drowned Rat With Misty Eyes....

Its Christmas Eve Eve and Chad and I are in Kentucky enjoying time with my family. We flew back into Nashville on Wednesday and we have been going non-stop since we landed. The entire month of December has flown by and I am looking forward to the beginning of 2012. Our flight was super quick and relatively painless as it was non-stop and on time. Mallory (my younger sister) was "supposed" to still be in Lexington when we arrived and we were planning on seeing her when we went to the basketball game yesterday (Thursday). She however was keeping a secret and popped out of the car as Chad was loading our bags. I was so surprised to see her and even started to get a little misty (I try not to cry, and I like to refer to it as my eyes getting misty). It has been a long six months without Mallory and I have realized since moving that I need her more now than I could have ever imagined. I am so thankful that we are so close and if we didn't talk atleast 4-5 times a day I wouldn't know what to do. So naturally the photo-shoot started once we got out of the car at home.

 Constantly laughing....
Hands on hips, smiles on lips...
 MJH & MHG
CWG & MHG
For Christmas we gifted each other with UK Basketball tickets and we spent yesterday in Lexington. It was great to be back in the town where we met/married/and moved from a mere 6 months ago. Of course the Wildcats beat Loyola and Chad enjoyed the game so much.

I didn't think to ask the nice people sitting next to us to snap a shot of Chad and I and I regret not doing so. When we walked outside of Rupp Arena the heavens opened and it rained (and we were without an umbrella) so hard that my clothes (Royal blue ruffle top and cashmere cardigan) were drenched. We were going to eat with friends at Pazzos after the game and we had to stop and buy me a t-shirt because me clothes were so wet. I will save you the pain of looking at my hair as it was reminiscent of my 7th grade school picture which was before my monogamous relationship with Paul (my Paul Mitchell flat-iron that is). I was drenched and it looked like Chad could have been participating in a wet t-shirt contest as his button-up was soaking wet and see-through and we resembled drowned rats. Even though the weather wasn't fantastic we both agreed that we wouldn't have changed anything about the entire day as we were so happy to spend the day in Lexington. Rain or shine the Wildcats never get old.

Until Tomorrow...
LOVE, MKH-G

0 comments: