Sunday, June 20, 2010

Smash Burger and Nail Update...

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend, it has definitely gone by WAY too fast! It has been beautiful weather here in Lexington this weekend and I even enjoyed some pool time this morning. I am so glad that Summer is finally here and the rain and snow have retreated for the time being.

Last week my dear friend Lauren and I made a date for dinner, and we tried this new place super close to our apt (Lauren and I don't live together but we do live in the same apt. building so dinner dates and such are really easy to coordinate). I had seen SMASHBURGER billboards and magazine inserts for the last few weeks and I was eager to try it. Hamburgers are on the super short list of things that I enjoy eating so I was more than excited, (I didn't think to take any photos of the inside of the restaurant or the outside seating, I even had my camera in my purse...). Lauren and I sat outside and it was a great (muggy-free) evening. I would definitely go back at eat at SMASHBURGER again, actually I can't wait to go back!

SMASHBURGER is on the bottom level of Center-Court.

I have received several emails/comments on the Strawberry Margarita nail polish that I posted about on Thursday. Apparently this nail polish is a huge seller this Summer for OPI and imagine my surprise when I was sitting at my hair appointment yesterday when I saw the official Strawberry Margarita mobile advertisement.

OMG...I guess it really is super popular.

I wish I could have snapped a picture of the back of the van, there was a cute Strawberry Margarita saying on the back windows. I knew then that the nail gurus were speaking to me and that I needed to pick up a bottle of my very own. When I went up to the counter I requested the bottle and everyone at the reception desk (in unison, I am not even kidding) was like, "OMG, we love that color." I have to say that I agree. 

I decided that my fingernails should match my toes...

Happy Weekend!
LOVE, MKH

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I went to Sephora yesterday to get a bottle and they didnt have it!! grrr gotta try else where...

JMB said...

I love that apartment building that Smashburger is in! MC used to live in the lofts next to that! He has moved allll over Lexington! Once I get used to his location and learn the route, HE MOVES!! I went to the Fayette mall this weekend and almost bought some OPI nail polish but didn't have time!! We went to Columbia's to eat!! YUM-O!
I will have to tell MC about the new Smashburger restaurant, that sounds like something he would love!

Alyson said...

LOVE that nail polish color! And the name of course :)

PinkLouLou said...

Love love strawberry margarita! however, mine is all sticky and thick currently :( bummer.