Monday, July 12, 2010

Its Monday....

Happy Monday-

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, my weekend was a complete BLUR. I feel like it takes the weekend forever to finally make it and when it finally does its gone so quickly. This weekend as mentioned in my last post was my dear friend Catherine's bachelorette party. She is getting married in August and I am super excited. It was so nice to see everyone and just laugh like old times (WOW...that sounds completely OLD...). We had a great time and it was sad to leave on Sunday morning.

Before leaving on Saturday I met the BF at the vet for Hagan's (the dog) annual checkup. As I have posted many times before I wasn't exactly excited about the whole idea of the BF having a dog but I soon got used to it when I realized that she wasn't going anywhere and now I feel like she isn't so bad. I think I may "like" her (but don't tell the BF or Hagan) and I am still getting used to whole idea of an animal in the house thing. Anyway, on Saturday the BF called and asked if I wanted to go with him to the vet. Never having been to a vet's office I decided I could be there for moral support and it wasn't as bad as I had thought. I was totally expecting the inside of the clinic to smell like a wet dog and there to be unruly animals all sickly and such. Granted, it was a nice office but I am not counting down the days till I get to go back, I think I may not be a vet person. While we were in the exam room Hagan looked not so happy so I decided that I would snap a few photos (I mean what dog doesn't want a camera in their face and a blonde girl saying SMILE...).

She was nervous...

Getting a pep talk from Dad...

Hagan did great at the vet, much better than I do at the doctor. She had her annual shots and she didn't even flinch. She left a happy and well rewarded dog. After the vet I headed home to load the car and head to Nashville for a weekend of fun, fun, and more fun. The MOH Caitlin had planned a weekend with plans of a great dinner, sweet treats, and fun girl time. Let the photos begin...

Caitlin (MOH), MKH, and Catherine (BRIDE)... Roomies Senior year at UK (miss those days..)

Lauren, MKH, and Amanda

GIGI's Cupcakes were waiting... Pure goodness

The Bride opening gifts...

The Bride with her PINK limo for the evening...

GIGI's Cupcakes...they are EVERYWHERE (the picture is chopped because we were riding in the car and the light turned before I got my camera out...)

Dinner at LIME...

After being seated...

The Bride doing a Bachelorette dare... Ask a random guy to take a picture with you.

Another dare... Do the C-A-T-S cheer, we brought UK to Nashville. GO CATS

Someone wasn't feeling well...

Last photo of the evening...

After dinner we headed back to Hotel Indigo to wind down the evening. After heading back to our individual rooms Lauren had mentioned that something hadn't set well after dinner, thinking nothing of it we went to bed. In the middle of the night I woke up with a touch of food poisoning and lets just say the hotel bathroom floor (I hope to dear Jesus that it was properly sanitized before I laid down...) and I became fast friends. I rallied about 430am and got back in bed and slept until it was time to get in the car and make the trip back to Lexington. I thing I have an aversion to Mexican food (Please remember the BF's birthday in TX last year when I had my first and worst bought with food poisoning EVER...). This time wasn't that dramatic but it was definitely awful. Let's just say it was a long car ride home.

Despite my new friendship with the bathroom floor at Hotel Indigo I had a great time. Catherine is having a kitchen shower this weekend and the BF will attending as my PlusOne. We will also be spending the day in Nashville with my cousin Klay and his GF Taylor. He promised that they have super fun things planned (but nothing Country Music related...) and I am super excited to see them.

I hope everyone has had a great Monday.
Love, MKH

4 comments:

Lacey in the City said...

Oh I love Nashville! And sweet Hagan looks so cute! How did you guys get her name? I ask because it's my grandmother's maiden name.

Harper said...

just stumbled upon your blog and I <3 it!! you look like you had a great time :)
I just added a new outfit post to my blog you may like :)

http://collegiateroyalty.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Love it! Looks like yall had a blast! Feel free to check out my giveaway that ends tonight!

http://anniesadventures16.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Kristin said...

love the pink limo!!
and love your LV purse!!
sorry you got sick! no fun!