Monday, April 26, 2010

A BAT OF A GOOD TIME...

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I was in desperate need of a re-touch with my hair and luckily they were able to work me in for a quick pick me up on Saturday. Jennifer, my hair fairy of almost one year delivered her baby almost 3 months early and is on maternity leave. I was reccomended to another stylist and was a bit nervous (I am nervous anyway, but I have had several bad experiences so I felt that this was justified) and she did a wonderful job. It was so pretty when I left the salon I didn't even think about rain/storms/heavy gusting winds but I should have remembered that I do live in Kentucky and the weather is unpredictable.

The BF and I traveled to Louisville after my hair appointment to meet up with my dear BFF Emmy and her BF Austin. We ate lunch at this sweet little brunch place downtown, and it was really good. I would definatly be a repeat customer. Of course I had my camera and was primed and ready for the BF to take a photo of Emmy and I (for the Daily Days) and then we walked outside and the sky was black, the wind was howling, and it was starting to sprinkle. The photo was rushed and if it wasn't mimicking TWISTER I would have asked for a retake. Not to mention my hair went from nice and manicured to a blonde afro.


Rushed, one take only!

After enjoying a nice brunch with Emmy and her significant other the BF and I headed to the Louisville Slugger Museum to act as tourists. Neither one of us had ever been to the museum, and we had been talking about going for a few weeks, and I am so glad that we went. As soon as we got out of the vehicle the heavens opened up and it began to pour, literally pour. After getting into the museum we discovered that we weren't the only ones who decided to take a tour. We ended up having to wait about 45 minutes before we could take the tour, so we (meaning me) decided to take a few (meaning tons) of photos. After the mini-photo shoot the tour began and I had no idea that the museum was actually the factory where the bats were being made. It was very interesting to see the evolution of the bat and how each bat is specifically produced for each player. Since the beginning of Louisville Slugger, there have been over 8000 players on contract to use the bat. I had no idea the history behind the Louisville Slugger bat, it was definitely interesting and I would love to go back.

MLB flags in the entryway


The BF in front of the 8000 signature wall...notice the rain-soaked shirt & umbrella


Hall of Fame signatures....


Current MLB score board


Babe Ruth's final bat...


The BF and Joe DiMaggio


New York Yankees 2009 World Series plaque


Starting 9 New York Yankee bats during Game 1 of the 2009 World Series


Bats Bats Bats everywhere...even on the ceiling


MKH with Babe Ruth


The BF with Derek Jeter


Evan Longoria and Mickey Mantle's signed bats...notice the creepy gloves


The lady that took this told us this should be our Christmas Card photo...


A-Rods pink bat from Mother's Day 2009


Babe and I hanging out before the museum closed


The BF wanted to be friends with Babe too...


As we were leaving the rain stopped and I was able to get a quick picture.

Overall it was a great day and a great weekend. I think it is supposed to rain for the next few days in Lexington:( I hope everyone has had a great Monday!

Stay Dry-
LOVE, MKH

2 comments:

c said...

I'm soo not a baseball fan, but that looks like a cool little trip!

JMB said...

I have always wanted to go to the Louisville Slugger Museum! It looks like a lot of fun from your pictures! Thank you for posting! My boyfriend used to pitch in college baseball! I will have to plan a visit there!