Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Black is Back...

Well its Wednesday.... and that means only 2 more days until Friday! I feel like I am in elementary school where there was an entire bulletin board that was dedicated to TGIF, and I have to say that not a lot has changed when it comes to me being excited for the weekend!

"Cube Queen" duties are boring at best these days as it seems there isn't any need to give me a working computer/employee ID#/or really anything else that may be helpful or necessary to do my job. The FIN and I had a busy weekend as my dear friend Ashley got married back near our hometown. She and I were schooled on the ins and outs of life (not really.... but it sure sounded good) at FSHS back many moons ago (only 5 years but it feels like a lifetime). I will be sure to post pictures of the wedding tomorrow as this post is going to be super short.

A few weeks ago I was doing my daily blog perusing and I found that PIPM had reviewed a new product by Sephora. She bragged how great it was and how the results were worth the trip to the mall. Of course when I went to the mall in search of the "wonder" product they were sold out. So being the diligent mall-goer/economy stimulator that I try to be I went back on Monday and purchased the face mask plus a few other goodies. The face mask made by Boscia looks and feels like tempera paint. I applied the mask as instructed on the bottle and waited for 15 minutes. I was at the FINs house when I decided that I would try it out and thinking that it would be messy I put on a ratty t-shirt. When I walked downstairs I didn't think anything about it but I think I may have scarred poor Hagan (the dog/ 1st born child) as she looked at me and let out some sort of whimper and then ran off. After the mask dried I looked in the mirror and I think that I would have been traumatized myself.

Try it here...

Scary...

It literally peels off in one piece...

I will say that I am not much of a product person as my skin is super sensitive but I would definitely recommend the mask. If nothing else it is super funny to look at and could possibly double as a Halloween mask. I am also glad that the weather has gotten cooler as I can not put away my summer love (OPI's Strawberry Margarita polish...) and bring out the darker nail colors. I picked up Sephora's house brand of polish that is made by OPI at the same time I bought the mask and I can't wait to wear it. I'm thinking that it will give my co-workers something else to talk about as they will probably think that I am one of "those" people that not only enjoy sparkly monogrammed things but also wear dark/gothic nail polish. The polish that I purchased is called "What's a tire, Jack?" I think that the nail polish gurus are so clever with the names that they come up with. I think that I will add that to my list of possible qualifications, I could be the next "Nail Polish Namer"....

Check it out here....

Hope everyone has had a great week!
LOVE, MKH

p/s- Here are the photos from the UK vs. Akron game last week. I forgot to share the pictures:)

GO CATS....

Please excuse the tired faces.... 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ahhh that black face mask is scary!!

Kiki said...

i'm always looking for something new to try. i must be careful since my skin is sensitive, too. strawberry margarita is also one my fave OPI colors. i am still wearing pink nails, though. how 'bout orange for Halloween? take care.