Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Savannah Here We Come....

Happy Tuesday-

I hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day weekend. I am beginning to think that I need at least a 3-day weekend every week and I wonder who I need to talk to about that? I am off work all this week and I am already dreading going back to the office next Monday (6 days from now....) as I know that my weekends at the pool are OVER and the weather is about to change. As sad as I am to see Summer drift out I have been looking forward to this week for what seems like ages. The FIN and I are going to be meeting his parents (Mommy/Daddy TX) in Savannah, GA on Thursday. None of us have ever been to Savannah and I am super excited to make the trip. I have heard wonderful things about Savannah (home of Paula Dean) and I am thrilled to be getting out of town for a few days.

In preparation for our weekend getaway I have been trolling the Savannah tourism website (I have no idea why.... its not like I know what I am looking for  or even have anything in mind to look for....) and I have been constantly checking the weather forecast. Two years ago the BF  FIN invited me to Boston to meet his parents (yes, for the very first time) and watch the Yankees/RedSox game. I was super excited and never having been to the NorthEast I didn't feel as aptly prepared as I should have been and thought that I would do some weather research.  I spent the week and days leading up to the trip googling the Yankee's Official Team Shop and laboring over what I was going to wear (of course the most important thing...). Thinking that it was September and that it wouldn't be terribly chilly I opted for a nice navy cable knit sweater (very light) and an equally as nice white ruffle shell. I would have never assumed (you know what they say about assuming....) that we would be in Boston at the same time that a Hurricane (can't remember the name) was making its way up the Eastern seaboard. Needless to say it rained the entire time (literally from the time we touched down till the time we left... and then some) and my sweet little sweater was under a plastic Boston RedSox poncho for most of the weekend (which I still have folded in a zip-loc bag). My hair was reminiscent of my 7th grade yearbook photo (before I ever discovered the joys of a flat iron...) and was under a baseball cap for much of the trip.

Exhibit A.... My cute sweater is no place to be seen:(

It was a wonderful weekend and a great memory but now I am ever watchful of the weather systems whenever I travel. There is a slight chance of rain on Saturday/Sunday but for the most part the weather looks lovely. I will be sure to post pictures of the vacay when I return. I hope everyone has enjoyed a great weekend and has a great week back at work.

Happy Wednesday (almost)
LOVE, MKH

p/s- the FIN and I are doing our first official engagey thing tomorrow... We are going to be doing a cake tasting for our wedding cake. The shop that we want to do the cake doesn't take orders less than 8 months in advance so we have had to move quickly. I will be taking my camera so I can document the adventure. 

4 comments:

AtlYankeeBelle said...

I used to live very close to savannah and its a wonderful town! You must visit river street, and if you have time take a tour of the city. There are a lot of fun tours, and if you go on one, make sure you visit wet willies 1st!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

have a great trip and congrats on your engagement!!

JMB said...

I cannot believe I have not read the post where you're ENGAGED!!! MAN I have been slacking too!! COngrats girl and GOOO YANKEES :) I love them!! It's rare to find Yankee lovers in the southeast! haha And I am SO like you, I have to check the weather until I get in the car to leave!!

JMB said...

I cannot believe I have not read the post where you're ENGAGED!!! MAN I have been slacking too!! COngrats girl and GOOO YANKEES :) I love them!! It's rare to find Yankee lovers in the southeast! haha And I am SO like you, I have to check the weather until I get in the car to leave!!