Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lets Talk About Cake....

Happy Thursday....

I have been super busy this week at work as I am starting a new job on Monday. Don't worry I will still be the reigning "Cube Queen" and I am sure with this new position will come a whole new crew of unfriendly co-workers and a lot less appreciation for all things colorful/monogrammed/ and sparkly. I am one of the first people from my group being transferred and I have mixed emotions as I have flashbacks to my first day on the job and I get nervous...

As I posted last week the FIN and I were in Savannah with his parents. None of us had ever been to Savannah so everyone was excited. I only took one picture the entire trip (no judgements as Mommy TX took pictures and it was easier for me to just stand there. I am usually the only one with a camera so it was nice for someone else to coordinate photo-ops...) but no worries Mommy TX took tons. I want to devote and entire post to the pictures so I will tease you with a photo of me and the FIN. For it being the only picture that I took I think it turned out fairly well.

A vision in pink.... 

We had a great time and I will be sure to post about our adventures after I receive the pictures. I try not to  blog without having photos as my attention tends to get lost in lots of text and I assume that readers may get bored. Before leaving on Wednesday the FIN and I did our first "engagey" thing by going to taste wedding cakes. I was super excited as I LOVE LOVE LOVE cake, I think the FIN was excited too as the cake doesn't involve linen choices/flowers/ or invitation fonts. I of course was prepared to eat tons of cake (mainly looking forward to the red-velvet) and I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the shop.

I had heard wonderful things about Tinker's Cake Shop and was hoping that it lived up to the hype. I had already perused the website so I would be more than prepared and I even had a list of questions about designs/colors/flavors. 

Super cute store front...

You can tell he was excited... he was channeling Vannah White:)

We rang the cute door bell and Cam Tinker introduced himself and I was instantly in sugar heaven. When walking in the front door the smells were beyond perfection and the displays were gorgeous.

They looked so YUMMY...

Works of art....

I wanted to try all of them... 

After browsing through the room the FIN and I were presented with 8 sample flavors with buttercream icing. Mr. Tinker detailed each of the flavors and they were all wonderful. We decided on a specific cake  style and flavors and are still tossing around design ideas. I just hope that all of the decisions that we make are as easy and sweet as the cake decision.

Obviously it was wonderful... we didn't have any room for debate because it was all gone!

He was smiling because of the sugar...

Photo Courtesy of Cam Tinker....

After leaving the FIN was very excited about other wedding plans that would possibly involve food or the tasting of different options. He has been wonderful about all things frilly/bridey and when I ask him a million questions he always smiles and just says, "Whatever you want honey, I just want to be married..." I know that is totally cheesy (I can't believe that I actually wrote that...) but if you aren't careful I can see where some people are lost in the whole wedding planning process. It takes time/effort/ and extra attention and at the end of day those things are second to the fact that getting married is the real reason for the celebration. Frills/food/and favors are forgotten but a marriage is forever. I have had several wise people tell me that after everything is over it will just be Chad and I and that while a wedding is fun there are other things that are more important, (who knew this was going to turn into an advice column by MKH) and that is what we should focus on.

Enough of the heavy... I am getting my hair done tomorrow and when I post the pictures from Savannah you all will see how gross it looks. Mallory even commented that some of the pictures my hair looked abnormally darker. Trust me that will be fixed tomorrow afternoon as will the eyebrows...

I hope everyone has had a great week and has tons of fun planned for the weekend!
LOVE, MKH

1 comments:

JMW said...

So glad to find another Kentucky gal on the blog scene. I miss my old stomping grounds in Lex. Congrats on your engagement!