Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Funday...

So its Monday, and that means that it is already getting close to the weekend. Not really, but I like to be positive about the time I can spend away from my cube. It has been raining all day, I didn't have an umbrella this morning so I had to run out to the Honda with an over-sized Dryel bag over my head. My hair is naturally curly and simply put I am a hot mess when it rains or when it is slightly humid. My hair grows and grows with the tiniest bit of moisture. Thank goodness no one is out at that time of the morning because I am sure that I looked ridiculous. After getting into the Honda (which is always an ordeal in the morning) and getting situated with my phone and bottle of water I looked in the mirror and thought I was in the clear.


WRONG... I have no clue what I thought I was looking at because when I got to my cube this morning my cube co-worker was like, "Morgan, your hair is all over the place." Fantastic, simply fantastic. I tried to run my fingers along the ends was hoping it would smooth the frizziness out but I soon realized that my hair was all ratted and tangly. I didn't even go to the bathroom (which is not what I would call "sanitary") to try and fix myself. I caught a glimpse of myself as I was walking past a glass paned door and I looked like a drowned rat that had been placed under a hand-dryer in that same "un-sanitary" bathroom that I refused to visit. See for yourself. Thank goodness it wasnt like employee photo day or anything like that...

Really.....

Other than the frizzy, nappy mess that was my hair today, my Monday was uneventful. Tomorrow is Tuesday and the weather is supposed to be gloomy and rainy, but hopefully there are no major issues with my hair, shoes, or my new found umbrella. I cant believe that it is already the end of September, where did the month go. I saw an ad today for Christmas lights and decorations and I was like, "WHOA," I am still in summer mode.

Since September is coming to end that means that it is time for HALLOWEEN. I don't remember being super excited about Halloween growing up but I have gotten very into the costumey thing the past few years. In the effort of trying I saw this funfetti spooky cupcake mix with a coordinating cupcake tin at Target and I momentarily channeled Paula Deen. That thought was soon lost when I remembered that I had forgotten to get the string cheese on my list.

Don't worry I have every intention to go back and get the holiday mix and all the fun knick-knacks that are necessary (probably not a requirement, but defiantly a necessity). The next order of business is finding a costume. Now that I have started thinking about it I will probably fret and think about finding the perfect (not generic or predictable) costume until the day of Halloween. At least I have plenty of time while sitting at my cube. Maybe I should ask my cube co-workers- actually that probably isn't a good idea. They don't exactly take me seriously so I think that chit-chat time about my Halloween outfit would not interest them. I will have to post on my costume dilemma as the time gets closer....

I hope everyone had a great Monday Funday...
Love, MKH

0 comments: