Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Blues...As in Kentucky Blue

So the weekend is almost over and it is back to my daily routine as the "CQ." tomorrow... However, I am telling myself that the sooner the week begins the quicker the weekend will be here. I am so super excited for this weekend because it is UK vs UL game. Im so in love with football season that I cant stand it but I am even more excited about my football attire.
I found this skirt totally by accident. I had seen the Men's Long Pant version in the UK print and was not impressed (at first). My good friend Amanda P. had talked her BF into ordering a pair and she was planning on getting the matching skirt. His pants ended up being on back order and did not ship before the end of the football season, so I never saw them in person.
One Saturday before a UK basketball game Amanda and I were at a local dress shop that has the cutest things and we saw the skirts (they had just unpacked them) and I decided to try one on. Needless to say I purchased one that same day and I have been obsessed with it ever since. This Pennington and Bailes skirt is comfy, super breathable, and the super cute for all tailgating activities. Here is a picture of Amanda P., her BF, and myself at the UK vs. Alabama game in Tuscaloosa last fall.


Don't Amanda and her BF look so cute.... I have been trying to talk my special someone into a pair, but he is not too crazy about the whole matchy-matchy thing- I have no idea why....

This weekend was pretty calm and relaxing. I had a hair appointment on Saturday which was fantastic. My hair was in dire need of some love and attention, my roots looked horrendous, and my eye brows looked way worse. Saturday was a great day of maintenance, shopping, and movie watching. I also purchased Tori Spelling's new book MommyWood and it is surprisingly well written and funny. I am almost half way through it and can't put it down. Overall it was a great weekend to relax and just enjoy my time off.

I hope everyone had a equally relaxing weekend and has a great start to the week.
Love, MKH

0 comments: