Monday, October 12, 2009

Call Me Oprah...I Was Insulted

Lets READ! I love to read. When I was in grade school if you read books you were rewarded with "Book-It" points from Pizza Hut. I guess I really loved pizza because I can remember wanting to read more books than anyone else so I could get the most "Book-It" slips. I guess it stuck because I still love to read. I know its kinda nerdy but I love a good book. Since graduating I find that my schedule is less booked so I find myself reading ALOT. When in college I didn't have time for leisurely reading, most of the time I was reading textbooks (boring) or news snippets that weren't so newsworthy.


I was telling someone at work (yes, they have finally started to acknowledge that I exist) about my love of reading. I have started to take a book to work in case I get a brief moment to breathe. It doesn't happen often but when it does it is nice to relax and catch up with my favorite characters. When telling my fellow cube workers about my hobby one of them had the nerve to compare me to OPRAH. I am pretty sure that I just sat there and was like, "Oh My Gosh" I hope that I don't make people think of Oprah. Granted she is crazy successful but I think that she is unoriginal and uninteresting. Even though I am not one of Oprah's fans I do think that she does have good ideas when it comes to her book club and discussions. I have yet to read one of Oprah's top books but I think the whole premise is GREAT!

Here are a few of my top choices.

The cover says it all...

Yes, I bought the autobiography of Tori Spelling

And yes I bought the sequel- I cant wait for the 3rd installment!

Redeeming Love was one of the best books that I have ever read.
A touching story with a fantastic message. I could not put it down.

A great beach read. Mary Kay Andrews is my favorite author!

Mary Kay Andrews latest best seller. I can't wait to get started!

I find myself asking the BF to go to Barnes and Noble or Joseph Beth just to browse. He enjoys reading too so its nice that he doesn't cringe when I ask. I love new books, and love finding new authors/series to follow. My love of reading doesn't stop at books. I love all magazines. I love to flip through crafty magazines, home/decorating magazines, and of course the celebrity magazines. So basically I just really love to read!

I know this has been a bland and nerdy post but I thought that being compared to Oprah warranted a run-down of my favorite books. I enjoyed the mini photo shoot that I had with my books on my patterned chair. Some of the books (Mommywood and Redeeming Love) had super glossy covers and it made it difficult to photograph so I went to the professionals at Amazon.com for my cover shots.

I almost forgot, I love to read blogs too. I got started in this whole blogging business by reading other people's stories and thinking "hey, this looks like fun!" I hope everyone can channel their inner nerd and curl up with a good book and get lost with their favorite characters.

Happy Monday
Love, MKH

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks